Is Chocosol taking any precautions in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic?
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Chocosol has made many changes to our procedures and offerings, including the below:
- Chocosol is limiting the number of people that can be present at our St. Clair facility as well as our warehouse
- Many of our team members have transitioned to a rotational, work from home schedule
- As a result of this, wholesale team members may not always be accessible by calling our St. Clair location. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
- Chocosol has cancelled all demos and Taste and Tours until further notice
- All employees must abide by intensive safety protocols
- Mask must be worn at all times (in the shop, during deliveries, etc)
- Frequent hand washing (every 30 minutes)
- Workspaces must be sterilized at the start of every shift
- Limited capacity in all workspaces
- Employees who are experiencing symptoms of illness must not enter the facility
- If an employee tests positive, the facility will close until all employees that work at the shop have been tested and the facility has been fully sterilized
To request a copy of our COVID-19 safety protocols, please contact email@example.com
What is the minimum order amount for a wholesale order?
$150 before tax.
When can I expect to receive my order?
As our products are made fresh in small artisanal batches, please allow up to 2 weeks for processing and delivery from our standard wholesale catalogue. For speciality orders, please allow up to 4 weeks.
What are the payment terms for a wholesale customer?
For new customers, payment is required prior to your first delivery for your first 120 days as a customer with us (starting from the date your first order is placed). For all subsequent orders, payment terms are Net 30.
We request new wholesale customers pay at the time of ordering for their first 6 months of our partnership so that we can build a rapport and ensure that we can grow and thrive with a mutual level of trust.
How can I pay for my order?
Our preferred method of payments include: cheque*, EFT** and e-transfer***. We also accept credit card.
- *To pay by cheque, please ensure the cheque is made out to 'Chocosol'. Not 'Chocosol Traders'.
- **To pay by EFT, contact AR@chocosoltraders.com to request ChocoSol's banking information.
- ***To pay by e-transfer, please send e-transfer to AR@chocosoltraders.com. Security Question: Who are you? Answer: Chocosol
What are some of the benefits of becoming a Chocosol Wholesale Customer?
We're glad you asked! Chocosol Wholesale customers gain access to a variety of benefits!
- Free Taste and Tour for you and your team at our St Clair and Dufferin Location
- Learn about the origins of our cacao, our chocolate making process and taste delicious eating and drinking chocolate along the way
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your Taste and Tour and don't forget to mention you are a wholesale customer!
- In-Store Demo
- Purchase over $3000 in Chocosol products annually and we will send one of our skilled Chocosolistas to demo our products in your store*
- Email email@example.com to inquire about a demo at your store!
*Standard demo duration is 3 hours.
*Sample product is provided by Chocosol at no additional cost
Is your chocolate vegan? Nut-free? Soy-free? Gluten-free? Dairy-free? Preservative-free?
Help! There's an almond in my chocolate!
Don't worry, what you're seeing is a whole roasted cacao bean. This is what chocolate is made from! We place a single whole cacao bean on the back of our 75% Darkness chocolate bar as an educational opportunity to share the origins of chocolate. Many people in the north have never heard of, let alone seen or tasted, a cacao bean.
Be assured, all of our production and products are entirely free of nuts.
Why did the bars change?
We are constantly striving to improve our chocolate. That's why we have launched our new, ChocoSol branded chocolate bars. Their new, thinner shape enhances the flavour tasting experience of our stone-ground chocolate. The new packaging is fully omnibiodegradable and reduces the need for excess stickers and labels. Finally, we chose to simplify our offerings to have a single chocolate bar that can stand taller and prouder on the shelf.
Each bar is 75g of our best, stone-ground dark chocolate.
Where is your chocolate from?
We are bean-to-bar chocolate makers, meaning all our chocolates are made fresh from the raw cacao beans. Our cacao is roasted, winnowed, stone-ground, and tempered in our kitchen in Toronto, Ontario.
Our cacao is sourced directly from communities in Oaxaca and Chiapas, Mexico. We also source from several ecological and social projects in the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Guatemala. Check out the "Our Community" page to learn more!
Is your chocolate organic?
The cacao and other ingredients we use to make our chocolates are all grown and harvested organically, naturally, sustainably, and ethically. Many of our cacao origins are certified organic, including our Kallari beans, Zorzal beans, and Maquita cacao butter. However, organic certification is currently not feasible for many of our small-scale partner communities. This means that not all our ingredients are certified organic.
Is your coffee organic?
Our coffee is grown organically, though is not certified organic because of the small-scale nature of our partner communities. It is shade-grown, sustainable, ethical, and grown without the use of harmful chemicals.
Are your cacao and coffee Fair Trade?
No- we have instead taken the direct-trade route. This means we work directly with the producers in the countries we source from. We pay above Fair Trade pricing for our cacao, coffee, and other ingredients, and the money goes directly into the hands of the communities. For example, ChocoSol pays approximately US$2.50 more per kilogram of cacao than the FairTrade minimum price.